Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Interview Sonia Kundra Singh
01-04-2011, 12:35 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2011 09:22 AM by avi.)
Sonia Kundra Singh
Sonia Kundra Singh is an author with her debut book, Love Me In The End, all set to release this first week of April. Here goes my interview with this budding author Smile

[Image: wl3v9g.jpg]

avi : So this is your first book, how do you feel ?

Sonia : Immensely pleased is how I feel. It is not very easy to write and then follow the path of publishing a book. Love me in the End is very close to my heart and it is good to see it in print.

Whats the story about ?

Sonia :This is a purely romance novel. It is about a two protagonists, Ria and Arman getting together to finalize a match decided by their parents. Ria, a twenty one year old, just out of college, dealing with alienation from her own roots, finds herself being fixed in an match with Arman Gupta. He is a man of the world who knows exactly what he wants. Ria, on the other hand, wishes to be freed from her supposed impending match, while trying to forget her ex- boyfriend. How they deal with their relationship despite being wildly attracted to each other? And is attraction enough for a long-lasting marriage? Will the interfering parents realize that love is equally important to make that perfect match?

So how you got inspired to write this ? Is it somehow based on someone's true life, love story ?

Sonia : I have been writing since the age of fifteen and after penning down a number of novels, I decided I like the concept of arranged marriages and why not write something about it? The incidents are fictional yet I cannot promise you I haven’t heard something somewhere. A writer cannot hold back completely even when writing a fiction. And there are many love stories out their waiting to happen, this is just a small part of it.

There are lots stories gets published, but how your book is different from others ?

Sonia :Love Me in the End offers my readers an exciting outlet to the world of romance. And in the world of mishaps and break-ups, a happily-ever-after is always makes your day. In India, arranged marriages always raised sensitive questions. It’s still happening. And maybe the curiosity of a process just waiting to happen is what makes this book unique.

Do you believe in Love at first sight Sonia?

Sonia : I believe that there are several ways to fall in love but the most exciting one is at first sight. That first look, the first touch, the first smile cannot reappear only the moments to relive in your heart forever.

Your favorite authors ?

Sonia :Just too many! But for the record I began reading with with Jane Austen, Betty Neels, Susan Napier, Diana Palmer. In Indian authors I admire the works of Shashi Deshpande, Kushwant Singh and my current favourite is Nirupama Subramaniam. Actually, I tend to explore more with the new writers more now.
All these inspire me to follow my dreams.

How about Russians authors like Tolstoy, Fyodor Dostoyevsky ?

Sonia : I have read works of Leo Tolstoy and some of his short stories have given a new dimension to writing. I have read only Anna Karenina when it comes to his novels. About Dostoyevsky, I really have not read him much to give any comments. I do enjoy reading plays though so Bernard Shaw is a favourite.

Was it difficult to get your book published ? how it all went ?

Sonia : It was surprisingly easy to get accepted although I had reservations about publishers in general. Mahaveer Publishers are very approachable and ready to discuss your point of view. I am not saying it is uncomplicated because there is a lot of waiting. Patience will help you in a long way.

Any future plans ? Tell me about your next book ?

Sonia : Yes, there is a next book and I am almost in my final stages of completing it. It will be a romance but based on a very different setting this time. It is going to be a family drama on how to deal with life, be in love while dealing with tragedies. Rest all, you have to wait and see.

About your personal life ?

Sonia : Well, I am married to an Army officer and currently based in Jalandhar. We met at his training period and had a very fairy tale courtship and a wedding afterwards. We travel a lot because we got wheels in our shoes and this is something we enjoy doing together.

Avi : It was really nice talking with you Sonia. RE wishes you all the best for your book Smile

And she is here in RE as well ! can be reached at soniakundrasingh

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-04-2011, 06:36 PM
RE: Sonia Kundra Singh
were can we get this books man
01-04-2011, 06:55 PM
^book not yet released man, will be released this week Smile

01-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Nice interview and a good initiative Avi Smile

But have to say most of the current crop of young indian writers keep on writing about the same issues i.e love/romance. I would really love to see someone extending their boundaries. That's were Samit Basu shines. Some really hilarious but awesome novels under his belt.
01-04-2011, 11:33 PM
Yes I agree Smile

and I had requested you to post about his works and still you didn't Angry

01-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Hehe.. Sorry will do when I'm on a full fledged broadband cnnx i.e. after 4th Sad
01-04-2011, 11:40 PM
Oh nice, I will wait. And also please give ratings for each books, it will be helpful Smile

and posts moved because of OT....

11-04-2011, 12:58 AM
Is this book available now ? Smile
11-04-2011, 12:18 PM
Will be available very soon Smile

16-07-2011, 08:18 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2011 08:19 AM by manisha.)
(11-04-2011 12:18 PM)avi Wrote:  Will be available very soon Smile

now this is going to be next bestseller.......
no doubt.

User(s) browsing this thread: