Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Archie Comics
27-07-2011, 08:55 PM
RE: Archie Comics
Don't remember him. Sad All though, speaking of adult characters, I suddenly remember this side-story where some of the teachers at Riverdale High were involved in some freak accident and suddenly gained super powers! That was a cute storyline. Biggrin

Anyway, I've carried on a discussion about Archie's way too long, especially since I don't even like the comics! facepalm So I'll gracefully exit from the scene. Cool
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2011, 09:52 PM
Why you don't like them ???

28-07-2011, 12:30 AM
Huh

I guess I just don't. They seem very blah to me. Very ... ordinary. The stories don't interest me, the jokes are unfunny (to me) and the cartoons are just cartoons, and they're freakishly expensive. I guess it could just be my total dislike for comics, though. The only graphic thingies I can stomach are Garfield, Asterix and the strips found in newspapers.
28-07-2011, 02:48 PM
(28-07-2011 12:30 AM)clumsysoul Wrote:  Huh

I guess I just don't. They seem very blah to me. Very ... ordinary. The stories don't interest me, the jokes are unfunny (to me) and the cartoons are just cartoons, and they're freakishly expensive. I guess it could just be my total dislike for comics, though. The only graphic thingies I can stomach are Garfield, Asterix and the strips found in newspapers.
Being ordinary is what keeps Archie comics going in a comic world dominated by Super-Hero comics, this is the stuff that bring down to earth reality with a splice of comedy!
They're not expensive at all! Confused Invision18
At least not here, I can get them for about Rs.3-6 for digests and Rs.7-12 for double-digest. Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2011, 05:41 PM
(28-07-2011 02:48 PM)AccuviZion Wrote:  Being ordinary is what keeps Archie comics going in a comic world dominated by Super-Hero comics, this is the stuff that bring down to earth reality with a splice of comedy!
They're not expensive at all! Confused Invision18
At least not here, I can get them for about Rs.3-6 for digests and Rs.7-12 for double-digest. Tongue

Hmm, all I'm saying is that there's other ordinary stuff out there that's funnier, cuter and smarter. But each man (and woman) to his (and her) own. Cool Archie comics have this sort of universal appeal and charm. They're just not for me.

Gag gag puke @ superhero comics

Oh, God! See? I'm not even supposed to be here in the graphics section! facepalm

Anywho, you pay Rs 3-6 for digests? Wtf That's effin' impossible! Unless this is a weird 'The Lake House' type scenario and you're reaching out to us from the 1980s. No second hand book is that cheap. Hell, you could download pirated ebooks and print them and they still wouldn't be that cheap! Confused
28-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Ahem, and may I just add, that if I were getting Archie's for less than ten bucks, I wouldn't be foul-mouthing 'em so much. Because for that sort of money, it's very good entertainment! Big Grin
28-07-2011, 06:37 PM
(28-07-2011 05:50 PM)clumsysoul Wrote:  Ahem, and may I just add, that if I were getting Archie's for less than ten bucks, I wouldn't be foul-mouthing 'em so much. Because for that sort of money, it's very good entertainment! Big Grin
Yes, I do get them second-handed and, no, it's not the 1980's! Tongue
28-07-2011, 07:59 PM
That's it. I'm moving to Chennai. Cool

Southern India is the only place I ever get hit on anyway so I may as well make the most of it. Big Grin

Oh, and this is my last post here in this thread. Final bye, y'all. *sobs*
[-] The following 1 user Likes clumsysoul's post:
AccuviZion
29-07-2011, 05:57 PM
(28-07-2011 07:59 PM)clumsysoul Wrote:  That's it. I'm moving to Chennai. Cool

Southern India is the only place I ever get hit on anyway so I may as well make the most of it. Big Grin

Oh, and this is my last post here in this thread. Final bye, y'all. *sobs*

It's not all fun, the Summer Sun can get more than 40-odd degrees celcius!
[-] The following 1 user Likes AccuviZion's post:
clumsysoul
31-07-2011, 04:11 PM
More than 40 degrees Celcius? You make me want to scoff. Tongue

Delhi's semi-arid climate is waaay worse, and Nagpur used to touch 50 degrees in the summer, at the same time when I had to bike back home in the afternoons. Plus, I've lived in Chennai already, so I know it's a cool place. Biggrin Friendly people, beaches and an urban set-up. What's not to like? Big Grin

Oh, wait, do you guys have the Metro yet? Confused

User(s) browsing this thread: