Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SEATTLE -- In his third start since returning from the disabled list, Jason Vargas fe
12-04-2018, 02:10 PM
SEATTLE -- In his third start since returning from the disabled list, Jason Vargas fe
SEATTLE -- In his third start since returning from the disabled list, Jason Vargas felt right at home back on the Safeco Field mound. Stephone Anthony Jersey . Vargas (7-5), who spent his past four seasons in Seattle, allowed one run in 6 1-3 innings and struck out five to earn the victory and the Los Angeles Angels defeated the Mariners 5-1 on Saturday night. It was Vargas first win since picking up the decision in an 11-3 victory over the Mariners on June 17. "He had to pitch out of some jams, but when he had to, he got a couple double play balls," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "I thought Jason did a great job. It was great to see him get into the seventh and get to 100 pitches. He maintained his stuff. He pitched and I think thats when hes at his best." The Mariners had multiple runners on base in the second and fourth innings, but came up empty each time as Vargas worked out of trouble. In the fourth, Vargas walked Justin Smoak and Endy Chavez singled to put runners on the corners with no outs, but the Mariners left both runners stranded. "We spread out some hits here and there, but we never really put anything together," Mariners manager Eric Wedge said. "You got to put more heat on them offensively. We didnt put a whole lot of pressure on them tonight. We got to make it more difficult for them than we did tonight." Vargas said he didnt feel much different from his first two starts since returning from the DL, but this time he managed to get the result. "I was just able to make pitches when the time came," Vargas said. The Angels jumped on top early against Mariners starter Erasmo Ramirez (4-1). After a walk to Erick Aybar, Mike Trout hit his 22nd home run to give the Angels a 2-0 lead. Chavez limited the early damage by robbing a would-be home run from Hank Conger in the second inning. Ramirez and Vargas traded scoreless innings until Los Angeles managed to extend the lead in the seventh. Grant Green singled and J.B. Shuck doubled to put two runners in scoring position with one out. Ramirez nearly worked out of the jam as Green was thrown out at the plate on a grounder to second, but Chavez dropped a fly ball that would have ended the inning and allowed Shuck to score to increase the lead to 3-0. Humberto Quintero and Dustin Ackley led off the seventh inning with a pair of singles and Nick Franklin came to the plate to pinch-hit for Brendan Ryan. With a 1-1 count, Franklin tried to call time, but it wasnt granted by plate umpire Ron Kulpa. Vargas appeared to hear Franklins request while checking the runner at second base in his windup and stopped his motion. Kulpa called a balk and allowed both Quintero and Ackley to advance a base. "When I heard it loud like that I just assumed it was the umpire but it wasnt," Vargas said. "Thats all on me. I cant take that for granted." Franklin grounded out to third to score Quintero and put the Mariners on the board for the first time in two nights and chase Vargas from the game. Michael Kohn managed to work out of the jam. Despite hitting Kyle Seager with a pitch, Kohn struck out Brad Miller and Kendrys Morales to hold the Mariners at bay. The Angels added two more runs off reliever Brandon Maurer in the eighth inning. After a single from Mark Trumbo, Kole Calhoun tripled to left-centre field to score a run. Chris Nelson followed with an RBI single to drive home Calhoun and extend the Angels lead to 5-1. Notes: Angels manager Mike Scioscia said RHP Garrett Richards anticipates making his next start after taking a liner off his right forearm in Friday nights win over Seattle. ... RHP Kevin Jepsen was placed on the 15-day disabled list after having emergency surgery Saturday in Seattle to remove his appendix. OF Collin Cowgill was recalled from Triple-A Salt Lake City. ... Mariners INF Nick Franklin pinch hit in the seventh inning and remained in the game at second base for the conclusion of the game. It was his first game action since suffering a gash in his knee during a game in Oakland Tuesday night that required stitches. ... C Mike Zunino took batting practice with the Mariners and the team plans to send him on a rehab assignment next week. Zunino has been on the disabled list since July 26 after suffering a broken bone in his left wrist. Jay Cutler Jersey . Today, well look at five frontcourt players today, here from the Bay Area. 1. AMIR JOHNSON (Raptors): I cant figure out what the issue or problem is, but based upon what Im seeing, hes not right. Adam Joseph Duhe Jersey . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video. http://www.shopdolphinsauthenticnfl.com/...te-Jersey/ . Bring on Freddy Garcia. The well-travelled 36-year-old right-hander earned his second NL victory since 2007, and his first since he joined the Atlanta Braves last month, pitching six innings to help beat Miami 6-1 Thursday.DENVER -- LaTroy Hawkins is returning to the Colorado Rockies and the veteran reliever may just possibly wind up as their closer. Hawkins agreed to a one-year, $2.5 million deal on Tuesday, a person familiar with the negotiations told The Associated Press. The person spoke to the AP on condition of anonymity because the deal has yet to be announced and is still pending a physical. The right-hander played an integral role in the bullpen for Colorado in 2007, when the Rockies made their only run to the World Series before being swept by the Boston Red Sox. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will be in contention for the closer role with left-hander Rex Brothers, who stepped in last season after Rafael Betancourt got hurt and finished with 19 saves. The Rockies also like the hard-throwing Brothers as a set-up man in the eighth inning. Hawkins spent last season with the New York Mets, going 3-2 with a 2.93 ERA and 13 saves in 70 2-3 innings. The Mets tried to keep him and made an offer. "Were happy for him. He did a great job for us last year," Mets GM Sandy Alderson said. "Was a terrific part of the team, in the cluubhouse, as well as his role on the field. Raekwon McMillan Jersey. We wish him well. "Hes 41 years old. We werent necessarily counting on him to fill the same role for us next year. We certainly would have liked to have him in the pen, but going into the spring, I think that, again, given kind of the vagaries of relief pitching anyway and his age and what we had coming, it wasnt clear what his role would be." USA Today first reported the agreement. On his Twitter account Tuesday, Hawkins posted a thank you to the Mets organization and fans. He closed his tweet with, "Now off to BowHunting." Earlier this month, the Rockies took a big step toward keeping their bullpen intact as right-handed reliever Matt Belisle and the team exercised their mutual option for 2014. The bullpen had a 4.23 ERA in 2012. Colorado also exercised the club option on left-handed pitcher Jorge De La Rosa, who was solid on the mound last season as he finished 16-6 with a 3.49 ERA. De La Rosa is scheduled to make $11 million next year. The Rockies are coming off a season in which they finished last in the NL West with a 74-88 record. Cheap Jerseys From China China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: