Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
LONDON -- Growing up, Demba Ba dreamed about scoring big goals for Paris Saint-Germai
10-04-2018, 09:32 AM
LONDON -- Growing up, Demba Ba dreamed about scoring big goals for Paris Saint-Germai
LONDON -- Growing up, Demba Ba dreamed about scoring big goals for Paris Saint-Germain. Jamaal Wilkes Jersey . With the team he supported as a child on the verge of reaching the Champions League semifinals for the first time in 19 years, Ba instead scored the goal that knocked them out. Now it is Chelsea joining European footballs elite in the last four for the seventh time in 11 years. Ba seemed the most improbable player to complete Chelseas comeback, having been largely overlooked by Jose Mourinho for much of this season, but he delivered from the bench when it mattered most for the 2012 European champions. Bas sixth goal of the season in the 87th minute, after Andre Schuerrles first-half opener, clinched a 2-0 victory that overturned a 3-1 loss from the first leg and sent Chelsea through on away goals. "It happened so quickly," Ba said. "I was on the floor, just looked at the goal, and I saw the ball was in the net. It was a big joy for everyone. I just do what I have to do when I get chances. I havent had many this season." Mourinho was elated, sprinting from the bench to join his celebrating players, who collapsed in a heap on the pitch. "It was not to celebrate -- it was to tell the players how we have to play," Mourinho said. "But you could see that I can still run." And Mourinho is still a winner -- a decade after the Portugueses memorable dash down the Old Trafford touchline in a game against Manchester United during his Porto sides run to the Champions League title. Now Mourinho, having failed to bring the European Cup to Chelsea during his 2004-07 stint in charge, remains on course to win the competition in his first season back at Stamford Bridge, while the team is also second in the Premier League. Joining Chelsea in draw on Friday is Real Madrid, which lost 2-0 at Borussia Dortmund but still went through 3-2 on aggregate. On Wednesday, Bayern Munich hosts Manchester United, and Barcelona takes on Atletico Madrid after both first legs ended 1-1. For PSGs Qatari owners its another season of heartbreak in Europe -- a victim of the away-goals rule in the quarterfinals just as the team was against Barcelona last year -- but the French title is close to be successfully defended. This was a night when PSG needed Zlatan Ibrahimovic, but he was injured in the first leg. Edinson Cavani was relied on for goals but fluffed his chances as Chelsea extended its run without conceding at fortress Stamford Bridge to nine games in all competitions. In a lively start, a menacing cross from Maxwell was sent to the feet of Cavani, but Petr Cech saved at the strikers feet. What seemed to be an early setback for Chelsea proved fortuitous, with Schuerrle replacing the injured Eden Hazard after just 18 minutes and scoring in the 32nd. Branislav Ivanovic launched the ball in from the right, and it was flicked on by David Luiz. Left completely unmarked, Schuerrle had the time and space to calmly dispatch the ball into the net. Until that point, goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu had only had two serious saves to make, from Frank Lampards free kick and Luizs long-range strike. But, even though Chelseas play was far from incisive or flowing, now the hosts had hope. The crossbar thwarted them twice within two minutes at the start of the second half: first from Schuerrles curling shot and then from Oscars free kick. Mourinho beefed up the strike force in the 66th, bringing Ba on to support the ineffective Samuel Etoo up front. PSGs progress could have been sealed in the 78th when Yohan Cabaye launched the ball forward to Cavani, who missed the target with only Cech to beat. "We had the chance to score and we didnt, so we paid the price for it," PSG midfielder Blaise Matuidi said. With 10 minutes left to keep Chelsea in Europe, Mourinho brought on the third member of his strike force, with out-of-favour Fernando Torres replacing Oscar. Soon, the strikers that Mourinho had criticized in recent weeks were celebrating. An initial shot by Etoo ricocheted to Cesar Azipilicueta. The defenders shot found its way through the visiting defence, and Ba beat Maxwell to the ball -- sweeping it past Sirigu with a left-footed shot from the top of the six-yard box. "In the second half, Chelsea was a lot better and we lacked a bit of fluidity," PSG manager Laurent Blanc said. "But Chelsea believed until the end and they were rewarded." Nick Van Exel Jersey . Join World Soccer Pickem 2014 for your chance to win $5,500 in cash prizes by picking the winner of each game all the way through to the tournament final. Will you ride a favourite such as Spain or Germany, or cast your lot with an underdog like Ivory Coast or Mexico? Perhaps key victories from Netherlands or the United States will be your key to victory. Wilt Chamberlain Jersey . Lineup news, Fantasy and more in Scott Cullen’s Statistically Speaking. HEROES St. Louis Blues – After rolling the San Jose Sharks for seven goals, for the second time in a week, the Blues have a bunch of players on hot streaks. http://www.lakersbasketballshop.com/Larr...Jr-Jersey/ . Toronto dropped a 7-2 decision to the Minnesota Twins on Wednesday afternoon, with only a pair of late runs preventing a second straight shutout loss. Josh Willingham belted a two-run homer in the first inning and Kendrys Morales hit a bases-clearing double in the seventh as the Twins took the rubber game of the three-game series.CALGARY -- Ben Bishops breakout season continued Friday night. Bishop made 19 saves for his fourth shutout of the season as the Tampa Bay Lightning, on goals from rookies Ondrej Palat and Nikita Kucherov, won 2-0 over the Calgary Flames. Bishop, who stands six-foot-seven, has picked up points in 10 straight games (8-0-2) and is 22-5-2 on the season. He is tied with Bostons Tuukka Rask for the lead in shutouts and is one back of Pittsburghs Marc-Andre Fleury for the most wins. "That might have been one of our best games of the year from start to finish," said Bishop. "Seemed like we had the puck most of the game. The big thing tonight is we never took our foot off the gas. We played a full 60 minutes." Bishop shrugged off any disappointment in not being named to the U.S. Olympic team on Wednesday. "I just want to go out there and play my game. I thought the guys did a great job in front of me, made it easy on me," said Bishop, who has seven shutouts in 76 career games. Lightning coach Jon Cooper complimented Bishop for how he handled the situation in which the three goalies selected by USA Hockey were Los Angeles Jonathan Quick, Buffalos Ryan Miller and Detroits Jimmy Howard. "I understand the decision USA hockey made, I completely do. They went with some experienced guys that had proven track records," Cooper said. "Im really happy with way hes responded. Im sure a lot of guys would hang their head and say poor me and all hes done is elevate his game. Its a testament to his character." On the season, Bishop had the NHLs top save percentage at .936 and he ranks third with a 1.83 goals-against average. "Bens been the answer for 41 games so far this year and hopefully he can continue to play the way hes been playing," Cooper said. In the midst of a on a 7-1-1 roll, the win moves Tampa Bay (25-12-4) within two points of the Atlantic Division-leading Boston Bruins. "Ive watched this team grow from an offensive-minded , which the organization has been for a while, into a team that says you better get more than two goals on us to beat us. Its a formula that you can win with," Cooper said. Calgary (14-21-6) wraps up a five-game homestand with four straight regulation losses. It started with much promise as the Flames posted a dramatic 4-3 come-from-behind victory over the St. Louis Blues in the last game before Christmas. Since the break, the offence has all but dried up with Calgary only scoring one goal, by rookie Sean p;Monahan, in the last 245 minutes five seconds. Dennis Rodman Jersey. "Were not good enough. Weve got to find a way to generate more," said Flames captain Mark Giordano. "Every mistake right now is magnified because were not scoring goals. Were wasting pretty good efforts from our goaltenders." The Flames got defenceman Dennis Wideman back after he missed 16 games with a broken hand but even with his presence on the power play, Calgary couldnt connect going 0 for 5 with the man advantage. "Its extremely frustrating," said Flames winger Lee Stempniak. "We definitely feel like were letting the goaltenders down. Theyve played great. Every game, theyve kept us in it and given us a chance. Its definitely a disappointing feeling for the 18 skaters out there letting them down." Both Lightning goals in the second period came less than 10 seconds after minor penalties to veteran Calgary forward Mike Cammalleri had expired. Teddy Purcell found Palat open in the slot and he sent a quick wrist shot into the top corner on Karri Ramo at 5:23. Five minutes later, Kucherov scored with a wrist shot off a setup from Palat. Palat extends his points streak to five games (two goals, four assists). "I feel like every game, my confidence is getting better," said the 22-year-old from the Czech Republic. "We have a young team but we play fast, we play good. Even without Stammer (Steven Stamkos), hes a big player to be missing, were just playing good." Making his first start in five games, Ramo was excellent for the Flames. Playing against the team that drafted him in 2006, Ramo was perfect on 13 shots in the first period, keeping Calgary in the game. He made 27 saves on the game in falling to 6-7-3. He was especially sharp in the third period too. As Calgary pressed to get back into the game, the Lightning were able to counter with some dangerous chances including three breakaways, each of them stopped. Notes: Tampa Bay is 13-7-4 since Stamkos (broken leg) has been out of the lineup. Stamkos is back skating with full equipment now and is nearing a return ... Calgary LW Lance Bouma (ill) did not dress ... The Lightning improved to 16-1-1 when they score first ... The Flames have just two regulation time wins in their last 30 games. Theyve won seven games in overtime or a shootout during that stretch ... Cammalleri was a minus-2 to fall to minus-21 on the season, which is second last in the NHL ahead of only Edmontons Nail Yakupov (minus-25). Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Jerseys NFL Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap ' ' '
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)