Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TORONTO -- Paul Ranger really likes pizza. [url=http://www.seahawksfansprostore.com/B
13-08-2018, 09:25 AM
TORONTO -- Paul Ranger really likes pizza. [url=http://www.seahawksfansprostore.com/B
TORONTO -- Paul Ranger really likes pizza. Rasheem Green Seahawks Jersey . Not just any pizza, but the kind that he can get from the Riverside Restaurant in Cornwall, Ont., with his uncle. Now in Toronto and closer to family than he was as a member of the Tampa Bay Lightning years ago, he can spend time away from the rink debating what pizza joint is best and finding balance in life. Because of that, Ranger has begun to write the second chapter of his NHL playing career and was named the Maple Leafs Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy nominee for "perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey." Ranger learned that he was chosen for that honour Wednesday morning, 49 games into what he considers the renewal of his career more than four years after abruptly leaving the Lightning for personal reasons he still wont reveal. What the 29-year-old does say about version 2.0 of his hockey-playing life only hints at why he left and what made him come back. "What makes it easier for my second go-round is just that experience on how to handle different pressures from the outside, pressures on the ice and really just how to go about it and live your life and balance," Ranger said. "Balance is huge. It makes for a much healthier lifestyle. It makes for a much healthier, I think, mind, on the ice, as well." On the ice, the defencemans game is still rounding into form but isnt quite as good as hed like it to be. But his mind seems to be at peace with the sports importance in his life because Ranger has been able to spend time reflecting and placing value on different things. "You get away, you try different things, you do different things, you focus on other areas of your life that you love and that make you good," he said. "Too much of one good thing it can kind of become a mental battle sometimes. ... When you have that balance, everything seems to work a lot more smoothly, a lot more comfortably and positively." One of those positives is family, like being able to have his mother and father closer than they were when he was in Tampa. Friends make the support group even bigger. "Once in a while Ill get to see some of my closest friends, my high-school friends, my best friends," he said. "Everyone needs a break outside of work and outlets for different parts of life, and thats one of them for me." Outlet from what, exactly, Ranger wont say. Asked at the end of a 13-minute conversation with reporters to shed even a bit of detail on what caused him to leave the Lightning early in the 2009-10 season, he politely but firmly responded: "No. Im not willing to go there. Thank you, though." In general terms, Ranger repeatedly talked about "challenges" on and off the ice. That included playing last year for the AHLs Toronto Marlies, then signing a one-year deal with the Leafs and making the team out of training camp. "Lots of challenges, but when you overcome them, thats the coolest part of it," Ranger said. "Thats the most fun. You look at yourself in the mirror and say you did it. And thats huge, for everybody. Every person in the world goes through that kind of thing at some point in their lives, and I think its important to be able to challenge yourself and to recognize and give yourself some credit." Ranger noticed and appreciated the credit and recognition opponents around the league and former teammates have afforded him this season. He took special pride in reconnecting and building "genuine" relationships with a couple of players he spent time with in Tampa, too. Very little of Rangers time talking about his journey back to the NHL had anything to do with hockey, other than to say it has been a success. The Whitby, Ont., native said he never had any doubts about returning after such an extended absence. "No. This is the right thing for me to do," Ranger said. "This is the thing for me to do to grow and to overcome all the challenges that Ive had on and off the ice. This is the path, and Im committed to it. "I cant really put it all into words, but this is it. Its going to help me until I reach 150 (years old) and riding my Sea-Doo around somewhere and Im going to look back and smile and just say I did it." As hes in the process of doing it, hes earning respect along the way. "When a guy misses that amount of time and claws himself (onto a roster) and grabs an opportunity, youve got to take your hat off to him," Leafs coach Randy Carlyle said. "Any individual thats gone through what hes gone through, now hes playing the highest level of hockey there is in the world and hes earning his stripes." Whether earning those stripes means Ranger will be back with the Leafs next season is unclear. He insists he hasnt pondered that possibility and immediately brought the focus back to the present and what he and his teammates need to do in the final games of the season. Even if the Leafs season ends without a playoff berth, thats not the end of Rangers world, though he brought up Wednesday that he has a theory on how to win a championship in a city like Toronto. Hes just not willing to reveal that quite yet, either. "I cant say Ive figured it out because it hasnt been put to the test yet," he said. "But I just know for me it works. Im in no way ready to comment on it. This is something that perhaps I would tell you after we win the championship." Will Dissly Jersey . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., who trains out of San Diego, will fight bantamweight champion (Rowdy) Ronda Rousey on July 5 in the co-main event of UFC 175 in Las Vegas. Shaquem Griffin Seahawks Jersey . Berdych and Stepanek played all five matches when the Czechs beat Spain 3-2 in the final last November in Prague to win the countrys first title as an independent nation. http://www.seahawksfansprostore.com/Blac...l?cat=1033 . Jovanovski, the 2012 champ seeded fifth, will meet surprise Japanese qualifier Misa Eguchi on Friday. Eguchi, ranked 183rd, qualified for her first WTA main draw this week, then beat No.EDMONTON -- The Edmonton Oilers didnt follow the script the standings suggested they should have. Ryan Nugent-Hopkins scored two goals, including the winner, and added an assist as the Oilers came from behind to stun the Eastern Conference-leading Pittsburgh Penguins 4-3 in overtime on Friday. The Oilers had a power play to start the overtime session and Jordan Eberle made a perfect pass to Nugent-Hopkins, who snapped the puck into a wide-open net 1:01 into extra time. "That shows a lot of character for us, and just to show we can play this way, it was a big game for us," said Nugent-Hopkins, whose Oilers team trailed 2-0 after 40 minutes. "There was no real deflation in the second intermission. When we get into trouble we kind of deflate and dont bring that same effort and I thought we did a good job of not getting down on ourselves and we pushed back and we did a great job of sticking with it." Taylor Hall and Anton Belov also scored for the Oilers (15-27-5), who captured just their fourth win in the last 15 games. Edmonton sits in second last place in the NHL. "With our history this year, some nights we havent wanted to stick with the game plan and just breathe," said Oilers head coach Dallas Eakins. "Tonight we did that, we took a breath and understood what we needed to do and we stuck with it. Its good when you get rewarded that way, because it backs up what were trying to promote. Beating a team like Pittsburgh, puts a little jump into our step." Hall said it was a good feeling in a season that hasnt contained all that many of them. "It was a fun effort all around, there was a good atmosphere in the arena tonight and we found a way to win," he said. "We were down quite a few times in the game, but we came back, stuck to our guns, stuck to our game plan and it was good to see." James Neal, Sidney Crosby and Kris Letang responded with goals for the Penguins (32-12-2), who had their three-game win streak halted. It was just Pittsburghs third loss in its last 15 games. "We just didnt match their desperation," Crosby said. "Being up by two goals, obviously we need to find a way to close that game out. We knew they were going to come out hard for the third and we still let them get even, then we took the lead and lost it again. You dont deserve to win games when you do that." Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma said three penalties his team took, including Brandon Sutters slashing call that gave the Oilers the man advantage heading into overtime, were a major contributor to the loss. "A big part of the game was the penalties we took," he said. "We took a penalty on the power play two times and we took a penalty behind their net in the offensive zone at the end of the third that turns into the game-winning goal. We had three penalties that were undisciplined. Byron Maxwell Jersey. " The Oilers had the best chance in the early running as Ryan Smyth stole a puck deep in Pittsburgh territory minutes into the game and got in tight on Penguins starter Jeff Zatkoff, but his stick broke on the shot attempt. Edmonton had 11 shots in a scoreless first period, while the Penguins put nine shots on Devan Dubnyk in the Oilers net. Pittsburgh took a 1-0 lead two minutes into the second period after a pair of costly giveaways in his own end by Edmonton defender Jeff Petry. The second mistake gave the puck to Evgeni Malkin behind the net and he fed it out front to Neal for his 17th goal of the season. The Penguins went up by two goals eight minutes into the second as a Crosby pass attempt hit Oiler Sam Gagner and caromed through Dubnyks legs. It was Crosbys first-ever goal against the Oilers and 25th of the season. With a minute left in the second Dubnyk came up with a pair of huge saves on Malkin and Chris Kunitz on a Penguins power play. Malkin knocked Dubnyks goalie stick into the corner and the Oiler goalie took exception, as the two mixed it up before a crowd of players congregated. Edmonton got on the board 53 seconds into the third period on an abbreviated power play with Malkin in the box as Eberle spotted Nugent-Hopkins creeping in from the point and the 2011 first overall draft pick made a perfect shot to beat Zatkoff. The Oilers tied the game with just under 10 minutes to play in the third period as they got an odd-man rush on a Pittsburgh line change. A shot from Nugent-Hopkins deflected to Hall in the crease where he was able to hook it in for his 17th of the season. Pittsburgh jumped back in front on a four-on-three advantage with just under eight minutes left as Crosby won a face-off and Letang caught Dubnyk going the other way on a shot from the top of the circle to make it 3-2. Edmonton kept up the pressure, however, and was able to tie the game 3-3 with just 1:59 remaining as Belov scored his first career NHL goal with a point shot that went over Zatkoffs shoulder. The Penguins have a quick turnaround, taking on the Flames in Calgary on Saturday. The Oilers embark on a four-game trip, starting in Chicago on Sunday. Notes: It was the second and final meeting between the two teams. The Penguins won the first game 3-2 in Pittsburgh in Octobera It was the Penguins first visit to Edmonton since Oct. 9, 2011. Sidney Crosby was hurt for that game, making Friday his first appearance in Edmonton since Jan. 14, 2010. The Oilers were one of just four teams he hadnt scored against - a list now down to Chicago, San Jose and St. Louisa The Penguins have 13 players in double-digits in points this seasona Pittsburghs Chris Kunitz has the best plus-minus in the league at +23. Edmontons Nail Yakupov is last at -24. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)