Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TORONTO -- Wise Dan lived up to all the hype on Sunday. [url=http://www.footballliver
13-08-2018, 09:30 AM
TORONTO -- Wise Dan lived up to all the hype on Sunday. [url=http://www.footballliver
TORONTO -- Wise Dan lived up to all the hype on Sunday. Ben Woodburn Jersey . The reigning U.S. horse of the year emphatically defended his title in the $1-million Ricoh Woodbine Mile, earning a comfortable 3 1/2-length victory for his ninth straight graded stakes win. And just for good measure, the six-year-old gelding posted a course-record time of 1:31.75 on a firm turf at Woodbine Racetrack. "I feel like weve got a great horse," LoPresti said. "What he did today, I mean I say it every time he runs with what he does and how he does things, was really impressive. "I dont know (about Wise Dan being better now than he was last year). I dont know how much better he can get but hes very good. Theres no sign hes slowing down, I can tell you that, for his age. He is a dream come true." Breaking from post four, Wise Dan effortlessly stalked the pace behind early frontrunners Excaper and Dimension. At the head of the stretch, Wise Dan took off like a rocket, easily passing Excaper and Dimension into the lead. And that point, the only question that remained was Wise Dans winning margin. However jockey John Velazquez, who claimed a record fourth Mile crown, said his trip wasnt flawless. "I think I did a little too much with him in the post parade," Velazquez said. "He was kind of quiet and he broke well and I put him right behind the other two horses and he got rank with me. "I thought, Come on buddy, please come off the bridle a little bit. Once he did that, I waited until the 5-16ths pole and let him ease out from those two horses and as soon as he saw the wire he just went on." Wise Dan earned the $600,000 winners share and a berth in the Breeders Cup Mile on Nov. 2 at Santa Anita in Arcadia, Calif. Wise Dan is the defending Breeders Cup Mile champion. It was a record-setting performance for both Wise Dan and his connections. He became the first two-time Mile winner while LoPresti earned his record-tying third straight victory in this event. Za Approval was second with Trade Storm taking third in overcast, breezy conditions. The remainder of the field, in order of finish, included; Riding the River; Dimension; and Excaper. Garrett Gomez, the jockey aboard Za Approval, could only tip his cap to Wise Dan. "He (Za Approval) was just no match for Wise Dan," he said. "Theres no shame in that. "Hes the best turf horse in North America." Trade Storm finished third despite being last with a quarter-mile remaining. "I was further back than I wanted to be," jockey Gary Stevens said. "I kind of lost touch down the back straight with him and I had to just sit where I was once I was there. "Hes only got a furlong in him so I couldnt really kick on any earlier with him than what I did." The win was Wise Dans 10th in 11 career turf races and 18th overall in 25 starts with career earnings surpassing $5 million. Over the last two years, he has won 10-of-11 starts, the lone blemish being a second-place finish by a head to Ron The Greek in the Grade 1 Stephen Foster Handicap in June 2012, a 1 1/8-mile dirt race at Churchill Downs. Wise Dan is undefeated since then but LoPresti doesnt lose sleep worrying about his horses amazing streak. "The most important thing to me at this point is that he runs his race, he comes back good and he can run again in his next race," he said. "Sure, I dont want him to get beat, I wouldve liked to not have got beat in the Stephen Foster, he wouldve had just about a perfect record last year and this year. "But he has been beat before. I dont want him to get beat but Im not going to jump off the building with a rope around my neck if he does." LoPresti will wait to see how Wise Dan recovers from the Mile before deciding whether to run him before the Breeders Cup. Last year, Wise Dan won the $750,000 Shadwell Turf Mile at Keeneland before going to the Breeders Cup and LoPresti wont say if hell follow a similar gameplan. "Even though it looked so easy you never know how much a race like that takes out of a horse because of the strain hes been under," LoPresti said. "But Ill only run him if its right for the horse . . . hes going to have to tell us. "I really dont think Im up against the wall to do anything with him because hes dead fit . . . I think I have him where he needs to be for the Breeders Cup." With three straight Mile victories, Woodbine is fast becoming a favourite track for LoPresti, who says hed like to return in 2014. "I dont have any reason not to come back, (Woodbine) has been good to me three years in a row," he said. "Id sure like to bring (11 Mile champion) Turallure back here and get him back on track. "I want to come back. Maybe Ill get some nice fillies to bring and some other horses besides just this one race." Also on Sunday, French-bred Minakshi, a 7-1 pick with Woodbines Luis Contreras aboard, won the $300,000 Northern Dancer turf event run at about 1 1/8 mile in 1:44.05. Colonial Flag, at 10-1, was second ahead of 16-1 longshot Moment of Majesty. Hall of Fame trainer Roger Attfield had the first two finishers in the $300,000 Canadian Stakes, a 1 1/8-mile turf race for fillies and mares. Forte Dei Marmi, the 4/5 favourite won its third straight stakes race in 2:28.46 by a neck over 16-1 longshot Perfect Timber. Patrick Husbands, a resident of Brampton, Ont., and seven times Canadas top jockey, rode 15-1 longshot Alythiela to victory on Sundays card, his first since a racing mishap in May. Husbands, 39, suffered a fractured tibia at Woodbine when his mount collapsed just after the finish line and he was caught beneath the horse. Sadio Mane Liverpool Jersey . Leave it to Matt Niskanen, the newly proclaimed Eddie Haskell of the Washington Capitals. Trent Alexander-Arnold Jersey . He never mentioned anything about his hitting. The 33-year-old right-hander had success with both Sunday, pitching six solid innings and helping the offence-starved Mets with an RBI single as New York salvaged a doubleheader split with a 4-2 win over the Arizona Diamondbacks. http://www.footballliverpoolstore.com/Wo...ol-Jersey/ . -- Houstons All-Star tandem of James Harden and Dwight Howard refused to let the Rockets give in to fatigue.MANCHESTER, England -- Australia reclaimed the Rugby League World Cup from New Zealand in devastating style on Saturday, scoring five tries to cruise to a 34-2 victory in the most one-sided final in the competitions 59-year history. Billy Slater and Brett Morris both crossed twice and Cooper Cronk added the other try as the Kangaroos produced a near-flawless performance at Old Trafford to win the trophy for the 10th time in 14 editions. New Zealand forward Sonny Bill Williams was bidding to become the first player to win World Cups in both rugby codes but his subdued performance was summed up when his pass was intercepted in the lead-up to Australias final try, a length-of-the-field score finished off by Morris. The Australians finished without having conceded a try since their opening-day win over England five weeks ago. In their five matches since then, they shipped only four points in five matches, scoring 244. For Australias 30-year-olds Greg Inglis, Cameron Smith and Johnathan Thurston, who kicked all seven of his goals, it completes the resumes of three of the modern-day rugby league greats. And it goes a long way to making up for the 2008 final, when New Zealand stunned its fierce rival in Brisbane to claim the sports biggest prize for the first time. This was the heaviest victory in a final, eclipsing Australias 40-12 victory over the Kiwis in the same stadium in 2000. Australia hadnt been beaten in three years heading into the match but, crucially, New Zealand had defeated its great rival in three of the last four major finals they had met -- in that 2008 World Cup and in the Four Nations in 05 and 10. It quickly became apparent, though, that there would not be another upset here in a match played in front of 74,468 -- a record crowd for an international. Australia was sharper around the play-the-ball, made big yardage through the forwards and made the most of New Zealand winger Roger Tuisava-Shecks injury withdrawal in only the seventh minute to make a raaft of incisive attacks down its left channel. Dejan Lovren Jersey. Two of their tries came down that flank. A halftime scoreline of 16-2 didnt flatter the Kangaroos -- and their opponents walked off hands on hips, a punishing first 40 adding to the weariness after that epic semifinal victory over England last weekend. Thurston and Shaun Johnson kicked goals in the opening 16 minutes before Australias attack started making serious inroads and Thurstons perfectly judged kick was collected by the leaping Slater -- soaring way above Kieran Foran -- for the opening try in the 19th. Slater was passed fit only on Thursday after making a quicker-than-expected recovery from a knee injury and his try double -- and Australias victory -- will be particularly sweet for the fullback, whose error gifted Benji Marshall a crucial try in the 2008 final. Isaac Luke somehow held up Cronk over the line to deny the standoff a try in the 25th, but Cronk had the last laugh five minutes later when he collected Darius Boyds kick forward following another raid down the left to force himself over the line. Lukes slip, just as Cronk gathered the ball, proved decisive. Thurston converted again -- in the process surpassing countryman Mick Cronin to become the record international point-scorer -- and his penalty in the 36th gave the Australians a 14-point lead at the break. New Zealand really needed to score next to make a game of it but it took less than a minute after the break for Slater to virtually clinch the trophy. Again the Kiwis were exposed on their right, as Thurston set free Darius Boyd, who passed inside for Slater to race over. Morris was next to cross after finishing a great move by diving to ground Jarryd Haynes kick forward before crashing into the advertising hoardings behind the short in-goal area. The same duo combined for the crowning try in the 72nd, Hayne intercepting Williams hopeful miss-pass and sprinting 60 metres before offloading to Morris, who did the rest. Cheap Canadiens Jerseys Cheap Predators Jerseys Cheap Devils Jerseys Cheap Islanders Jerseys Cheap Rangers Jerseys Cheap Senators Jerseys Cheap Flyers Jerseys Cheap Penguins Jerseys Cheap Sharks Jerseys Cheap Blues Jerseys Cheap Lightning Jerseys Cheap Maple Leafs Jerseys Cheap Canucks Jerseys Cheap Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Capitals Jerseys Cheap Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)