Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Story Coffee!!!
23-03-2011, 01:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-04-2011 12:11 AM by avi.)
Coffee!!!

It was 10 o’clock in the night; I was at Howrah station, waiting to board the Azad Hind Express. I was on my way to Pune for my MBA interview. The train was to leave at 5 a.m. next morning, 7 hours later than it was actually scheduled. It was getting chilly, so I decided to have a cup of coffee before heading towards the waiting room.

“One coffee please” my voice collided with a baritone. I looked by my side, and got a smile in return. He was of my age, maybe a little older. I smiled back at him; it would have been rude otherwise. The stall owner placed two hot cups on the slab, I took one, and headed back to my original place.

The slight warmth of the coffee cup in my palms felt very soothing, but not for long. I was about to take a sip, when somebody bumped onto my back, spilling all the hot coffee on my palm and some droplets on my feet. I looked around, in a motive to kill the person who had just messed up my mood and apparently burnt my hand, but it was pretty hard to spot the one from amongst the humongous crowd that flocked the platform.

I threw the now empty cup in the dustbin, fuming with anger, when somebody tapped on my shoulder. I was about to blast the person, but gulped my wrath as I saw his face. It was the same smile.

“Coffee?” He forwarded a fresh cup in front of me. I smiled with difficulty and nodded “No thank you”

“Actually… I am sorry… I was on an important phone call, so I didn’t see you… Please take this… as an apology… please…”

I wanted to slap him right there, but his smile forced me to hold myself “It’s… alright… no problem”
“Please… I’m really sorry…” He pleaded, I don’t know why his apology seemed genuine, and my anger vanished. I smiled at him, this time it was real, and took the coffee. “Thanks”

“Thank you for accepting it” I felt as if he had stuck that smile by fevicol on his face, but again I don’t know why, I knew it was not forced. He murmured a “bye” and turned back, disappearing in the crowd, and I headed towards the waiting room. We didn't look back at each other, not even once, otherwise the story might have taken a different turn...

my world is much brighter when you smile at me...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-03-2011, 09:40 AM
RE: Coffee!!! (A short story)
nice write up Smile

Find all posts by this user
23-03-2011, 03:31 PM
The way you presented the story makes it look cool. . . nice way of writing stuff. . .
Good luck for the future. . . Smile

Jay
25-03-2011, 03:13 PM
@Jiya

beautiful......

beautifully written
29-03-2011, 02:54 AM
Jiya,
its beautiful dear.
We didn't look back at each other, not even once, otherwise the story might have taken a different turn..
i just loved this line.
29-03-2011, 09:13 PM
@jiya_angel awesome... just loved it!

_pun!8
04-04-2011, 01:31 AM
RE: Coffee!!!
Jiyaaaaaaaaaaaa
veryyyyyyyyy nice OS
a beautiful piece of writing
loved it totally
Awesome
04-04-2011, 10:18 AM
^hey what does OS mean Angel

04-04-2011, 08:01 PM
@avi
os mean one shot

n jiya...its an amazing one....really
n last line was awesum
loved it
04-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Oh one shot ! Thank you Smile

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)