Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Archie Comics
19-07-2011, 10:12 AM
Tongue Archie Comics
Has Anyone read Archie comics? Huh, I think that they're funny and have read a lot of themWink. My first comic ever was Archie Comics. Tongue
My favourite has always been JugheadCool. If anyone has read the books, please do tell. Undecided
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-07-2011, 01:46 PM
RE: Archie Comics
I still have some archie comics Smile

Find all posts by this user
19-07-2011, 03:21 PM
Me too! I've read a lot of Archies! It doesnt seem to run out. But the price of a brand new Archie comic is a pain in the butt! No kidding. Angry
So im hunting for it in my usual place: Dharyaganj! Cool Tongue
Though you can DL it from 4shared etc. Wink

Facebook: s0nic
Techwit e-magazine: techwit
[-] The following 1 user Likes s0nic's post:
clumsysoul
19-07-2011, 05:32 PM (This post was last modified: 19-07-2011 05:37 PM by manisha.)
(19-07-2011 10:12 AM)AccuviZion Wrote:  Has Anyone read Archie comics? Huh, I think that they're funny and have read a lot of themWink. My first comic ever was Archie Comics. Tongue
My favourite has always been JugheadCool. If anyone has read the books, please do tell. Undecided

tell me 1 thing................
have u started reading...........when u were just of 1 yearHuh

i mean........... too much..........it is ...........
means u have a lot to add ......dear........Undecided

at ur age i donot remember any book i read.......n if i did then donot remember the name.........Undecided
u r awesome....dearSmile
19-07-2011, 07:52 PM
Archie Comics were awesome!! It was probably the first book unrelated to studies that I read.
@s0nic: Yea, They usually cost too much, So, I usually borrow from my local library.Tongue
@manisha: Nope, I started reading books other than for school at the age of 9, I think in 2005.TongueBig Grin I don't actually remember, but, I keep a journal of all the books I ever read,Wink I write down the name of the book as soon as I finish it,Smile so, I just know what books I've read. I'm sure that almost every other user has read more that I ever did, but, probably don't remember it.Big GrinCoolSmile
20-07-2011, 06:41 AM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2011 06:51 AM by manisha.)
(19-07-2011 07:52 PM)AccuviZion Wrote:  I'm sure that almost every other user has read more that I ever did.

somewhere i agree with u..............................

when i recall the name....................

"admin"
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
20-07-2011, 05:35 PM
(19-07-2011 07:52 PM)AccuviZion Wrote:  I write down the name of the book as soon as I finish it,Smile so, I just know what books I've read. I'm sure that almost every other user has read more that I ever did, but, probably don't remember it.Big GrinCoolSmile

Modesty, thy name is AccuviZion. Cool
But, seriously, you WRITE down the name of every book you've read? That seems like a good idea, especially in cases of series, where you just can't remember which ones you've read and which you haven't.Idea

Re the topic, I never liked Archies much. Well, I did, but only back when I was seven. Now I think it's incredibly silly with not-very-funny jokes, and well, the whole idea of two beautiful and wonderful women placing some loser Ginger kid over their friendship and pride is just soo ... sexist!

The only good thing about the whole thing remains Jughead. He has the ideal life! Heart
21-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Quote:Modesty, thy name is AccuviZion.
But, seriously, you WRITE down the name of every book you've read? That seems like a good idea, especially in cases of series, where you just can't remember which ones you've read and which you haven't.
Thank You!Big Grin
And, Yea, I do, I realized early on that this was the only way to keep track of which books I've read in the library, especially i8n the case of Hardy Boys, I've basically read almost all of them, the few which I haven't read aren't available at the library yet, because, they haven't been published in India yet, it's always a few months late here...

Quote:Re the topic, I never liked Archies much. Well, I did, but only back when I was seven. Now I think it's incredibly silly with not-very-funny jokes, and well, the whole idea of two beautiful and wonderful women placing some loser Ginger kid over their friendship and pride is just soo ... sexist!
You do realize that Archie Comics were first made in the 1930's, don't you? Undecided

Quote:The only good thing about the whole thing remains Jughead. He has the ideal life! Heart
Jughead's my favourite too.Big Grin Mainly because I always love to eat and sleep.Cool Especially eat, I'm generally able to eat at least twice or thrice more than my peers.Tongue
21-07-2011, 09:44 PM
(21-07-2011 04:58 PM)AccuviZion Wrote:  And, Yea, I do, I realized early on that this was the only way to keep track of which books I've read in the library, especially i8n the case of Hardy Boys, I've basically read almost all of them, the few which I haven't read aren't available at the library yet, because, they haven't been published in India yet, it's always a few months late here..

Wow, your library sounds awesome! Smile Is this your school library or somewhere you've enrolled as a member?

Quote:You do realize that Archie Comics were first made in the 1930's, don't you? Undecided
Yes, I do. Tongue But they revamped a lot over time, turning Betty from a blond ditz into the smart adorable girl next door. I guess you can't take away the basic dynamics of a group though. And two beautiful women continue to fight over the Ginger kid. Damn! These people are really biased towards redheads! Have you noticed all the attention Cheryl gets? Big Grin

Quote:Jughead's my favourite too.Big Grin Mainly because I always love to eat and sleep.Cool Especially eat, I'm generally able to eat at least twice or thrice more than my peers.Tongue
Yeah, that's exactly why I love him too! And his non-conformist stance on everything. Plus, he has a dog, and the hammock! Biggrin
22-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Quote:Wow, your library sounds awesome! Is this your school library or somewhere you've enrolled as a member?
It's a library near my house, no, it's not a school library,(they suck anyways, at least mine does) Dodgy it's a public library though not by the government. They're very friendly at the library, it's actually attached to a book store in the same building, so, sometimes when books aren't available in the library, I can take it from the book store as long as I return it without any marks or scruffs. You can also special order any books that's not available, too! Biggrin

Quote:Yes, I do. But they revamped a lot over time, turning Betty from a blond ditz into the smart adorable girl next door. I guess you can't take away the basic dynamics of a group though. And two beautiful women continue to fight over the Ginger kid. Damn! These people are really biased towards redheads! Have you noticed all the attention Cheryl gets?

Iagree Red-Heads do get too much undue attention! But, still, what's wrong with that? I mean, What kind of person used hair colour for Prejudices ??Dodgy
And, The basic dynamics is what keeps it going!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)