Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Washington Redskins Jerseys
11-10-2018, 08:26 AM
Washington Redskins Jerseys
John Dorsey might make a deal for the top pick in this year’s NFL draft – if the price is the right.

At the league’s scouting combine on Thursday Matthias Farley Jersey , the Cleveland Browns general manager took his sales pitch public.

”There are a lot of things we can do at No. 1 and not just get a quarterback,” Dorsey said. ”If someone wants to come up and make a trade, I’d make a trade, too. Just give me a call and see what’s up.”

Cleveland’s constant quest to find the right quarterback has become perhaps the most-watched show in the league.

They’ve used 28 different starters since 1999, and it’s unclear if they’ll cast aside yet another youngster, DeShone Kizer, after he led the league in interceptions and went 0-15 as the starter.

Dorsey has the advantage of having watched Kizer perform in the final four games of 2017.

”What I really liked was how much he improved from week to week,” Dorsey said. ”I think I’ve told you that a young quarterback usually makes exponential growth from Year 1 to Year 2.”

Back home Patrice Bergeron Jersey , anxious fans are still clamoring to find that elusive franchise quarterback.

They’re frustrated after watching Cleveland whiff on Johnny Manziel in 2015, trade the No. 2 pick to Philadelphia in 2016 that allowed the Eagles to choose Carson Wentz and pass last year on Deshaun Watson. Instead, they took Kizer in the second round.

And with a deep quarterback class and two of the top four picks in April, some think this could finally be the time. Dorsey might not see it the same way.

After acknowledging the Browns interviewed an unnamed quarterback on Wednesday night and intend to meet all of the big names before the bulk of the combine work wraps up Sunday, he dropped no hints about what the Browns might do with either pick.

Instead, he’s looking for long-term solutions.

Coach Hue Jackson, who is 1-31 over the last two seasons, certainly isn’t advocating for more change.

”I would hope not Youth Deadrin Senat Jersey ,” Jackson said when asked Wednesday if he intends to start a rookie QB. ”There’s going to be other opportunities as we all know. We’ve just got to see how it all fits as we move forward.”

Finding a veteran quarterback in free agency, such as AJ McCarron, remains a possibility, too.

But if a quarterback-needy team is willing to make a quality offer, Dorsey could spend all of those precious picks on putting a better supporting cast around Kizer.

Dorsey also didn’t provide an update on the status of longtime left tackle Joe Thomas. After playing more than 10,000 consecutive snaps, Thomas ended the season on injured reserve with a torn left triceps and has been pondering retirement.

”I have greatly admired Joe from his time at Wisconsin through his time with the Browns,” Dorsey said. ”I think he deserves a little respect and when it comes time to make the proper decision Sam Darnold Color Rush Jersey , I’m sure he’ll make it.”

The Giants are working out quarterback Matt McGloin on Tuesday, Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports.

The Chiefs cut McGloin, keeping Chad Henne as the only backup to Patrick Mahomes.

The Giants waived Davis Webb, keeping Alex Tanney and rookie Kyle Lauletta as Eli Manning‘s backups. But coach Pat Shurmur admits he prefers a veteran quarterback. He had Case Keenum and Teddy Bridgewater as backups to Sam Bradford last year, and everyone knows how that story played out for the Vikings.

鈥淗ere鈥檚 the thing with a veteran backup quarterback,鈥?Shurmur said, via Michael Eisen of the team website. 鈥淭hey can go in and function with very few reps. I think that鈥檚 an attribute that I look for in a guy that could potentially be a backup to a guy like Eli, because they don鈥檛 get that many reps during the training sessions.鈥?/p>

McGloin Josh Jackson Color Rush Jersey , 28, has played 13 games with seven starts in his career. He has spent time with the Raiders, Eagles and Texans as well as the Chiefs.

Arizona Cardinals Jerseys
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)