Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Physics
21-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Lightbulb Physics
So, This is a thread to discuss Physics. Tongue This was only created due to Avi's Suggestion. Tongue Big Grin congo
Now, to start things off, can anyone tell what physics books they've read which wasn't for school or college ? Tongue
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-07-2011, 05:44 PM
RE: Physics
Michael Kaku Smile

Find all posts by this user
21-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Don't you mean Michio Kaku? Invision18
21-07-2011, 09:31 PM
Oh Mybad

I was replying from mobile I think it auto corrected

23-07-2011, 03:48 PM
What mobile do you have?
23-07-2011, 03:57 PM
Physics
iPhone 4 Holahoop

[-] The following 1 user Likes avi's post:
AccuviZion
23-07-2011, 06:58 PM
(23-07-2011 03:57 PM)avi Wrote:  iPhone 4 Holahoop

Now, I'm Jealous!Dodgy
23-07-2011, 08:09 PM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2011 08:20 PM by avi.)
Hahaha

Now coming back to topic. I will tell you an incident which happened when I was kid. I had already told I was [am] a big sci-fi genre fan and used to do lotsa experimental stuff. So once there was a quiz I was participating [I was in 8th std] and the questions were asked GK including physics. At the end there was a tie and they asked to give speech / talk on future technology etc.

I went there and told them about life of Nikola Tesla and his works on Wireless Electricity. Have already told you I am from rural background and none of the people there couldn't understand a bit and I was mocked. And humiliated. Needless to say we lost the quiz and everyone blamed me. I stressed very much on Wireless Electricity, the concept.

Wireless Electricity is like charging your mobile without any wires between charger and the mobile. You send sms by mobile, how about sending electricity over the air ? Wink Imagine a world without wires !

[Image: medium_cut-the-cord.jpg]

Now, few months ago, I was searching something and stumbled upon a topic were it mentioned wireless technology has been successful ! My heart stopped for a minute and reminded me of my childhood incident and also, a evil smile on my face Big Grin It was the concept which intrigued me always. I had almost stopped reading about physics and follow latest news, due to my busy times, but suddenly, after reading Wireless Electricity, the physics lover inside me charged, electrons jumped to higher orbits and my hairs stood generating static electricity Tongue I was back !

now, Nikola Tesla is the 19th century physicist, who spent almost spent his entire life on Wireless Electricity. I am sure most of people even not heard about him, leave his experiments aside. In 2007, an US Physicist, Marin Soljacic from MIT successfully experimented it with elecromagnetic waves and resonance. They powered a goddamn 60-watt bulb from a power source seven feet away without any wires !

[Image: intel-wireless-power-1.jpg]

[Image: dsc_0382.JPG]

In 2009 Intel showcased same project based on ideas from MITs scientists. As of now, they have achieved 80 percent of efficiency over a distance of one meter clap

his link - http://www.mit.edu/~soljacic/

you can mail him at soljacic@mit.edu

it may be an old news for you as you regularly follow physics, but I am sure still many people are not aware of this Smile

[-] The following 5 users Like avi's post:
AccuviZion, ananya, avinashh, Jay, neha
23-07-2011, 08:52 PM
wow!!!!!!! this makes physics look so interesting. . .Biggrin

Jay
23-07-2011, 09:00 PM
I don't follow physics, I always tried to skip it. Most of the it always went above my head and nothing properly went inside. But after reading avi's post I am so much interested in it. Hats off to the way he explained, so simple so that noob like me can understand. Charging my mobile without cables ? Oh avi, it's killer !!!
[-] The following 2 users Like ananya's post:
avi, Jay

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)