Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
His Majesty’s Opponent - 23rd August
06-08-2011, 01:46 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 08:58 AM by avi.)
We have one copy of His Majesty’s Opponent: Subhas Chandra Bose And India’s Struggle Against Empire by Sugata Bose

[Image: 9780670084210.jpg]

Book Summary of His Majesty’s Opponent: Subhas Chandra Bose And India’s Struggle Against Empire
Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose dedicated his life to the struggle to liberate his people from British rule. In pursuit of that goal he raised and led the Indian National Army against Allied Forces during World War II. This was a man whose patriotism was, as Mahatma Gandhi declared, second to none; nonetheless aspects of his life and death continue to be controversial both in India and abroad even today.

In this definitive biography, Professor Sugata Bose analyzes Netaji’s life and legacy, tracing the intellectual impact of his years in Calcutta and Cambridge, the ideas and relationships that influenced him during his time in exile, and his ascent to the peak of nationalist politics. Using previously unpublished family archives, this account not only documents Subhas Bose’s thoughts during his imprisonment and travels, but also illuminates the profundity of his struggle to unite the diversities of India—religious, economic, linguistic—into a single independent nation.

His Majesty’s Opponent is a magisterial study of a life larger than its legend. Both intimate and global in significance, it is the portrait of a man, whose public and private life encapsulated the contradictions of world history in the first half of the twentieth century.

About the Author
Sugata Bose is the Gardiner Professor of History at Harvard University.

Bose, who is Netaji’s brother Sarat Chandra Bose’s grandson, is joint editor with Dr Sisir Kumar Bose of the Collected Works of Netaji published by the Netaji Research Bureau and joint editor with Krishna Bose of Purabi: the East in its Feminine Gender. He has translated into English all the songs Tagore composed on his overseas voyages and recorded them on four CDs titled Visva Yatri Rabindranath.

Sugata Bose’s many books include Peasant Labour and Colonial Capital, Modern South Asia: History, Culture, Political Economy with Ayesha Jalal and A Hundred Horizons: the Indian Ocean in the Age of Global Empire.

Give Away Question
Your favorite Indian History Book ?

Find all posts by this user
14-08-2011, 08:26 PM
RE: His Majesty’s Opponent - 23rd August
Well I don't have any favorite History Books because I'm bit bad in learning dates and events.
But I prefer reading Modern History based books which are nomally related to struggling periods of independance.

Sorry I'm bit Lazy to do mailing stuffs.
Hope you consider my entries via Reply Post.
Wink
14-08-2011, 09:26 PM
but still you have to name anyone Smile

15-08-2011, 02:39 AM
Q. Your favorite Indian History Book?
My ans: Reading Gandhi. Its n0t really a 'history' book but a Pol.Sc. subject. It still has the political history of Gandhi so... Tongue
Lemme know in case it doesnt qualify. I can add another.
GANDHI is pwning btw!
NOTE: do you know that 23rd Aug is my b'day?? Big Grin

Facebook: s0nic
Techwit e-magazine: techwit
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-08-2011, 09:35 PM
my entry

http://www.readersenclave.com/Thread-Ter...-Laga-Hoon

another one ....

http://www.readersenclave.com/Thread-One...68#pid3668
16-08-2011, 09:47 PM
It's not writers' contest, it's a give away. You have to answer the questions given Smile

16-08-2011, 09:49 PM
The last Mughal by William Darlymple
[-] The following 1 user Likes sukritmunjal's post:
avi
16-08-2011, 09:53 PM (This post was last modified: 16-08-2011 09:59 PM by Sujata.)
sorry Sad
18-08-2011, 07:14 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2011 07:15 PM by avi.)
THE DISCOVERY OF INDIA
18-08-2011, 07:15 PM
(16-08-2011 09:53 PM)Sujata Wrote:  sorry Sad

That's okay Smile

Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)