Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The InEligible Bachelors - 27th August
07-08-2011, 07:53 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2011 03:14 PM by avi.)
The InEligible Bachelors - 27th August
We have 5 copies of The (In)Eligible Bachelors by Ruchita Misra !

[Image: P-M-B-9788129118639.jpg?hei=200&..._sharpen=1]

About the Book :
Arranged marriages are complicated things. So are mothers. And so are relationships. Kasturi Shukla is a fresh MBA graduate with a great job in hand. She is also geeky and single at twenty-four. The biggest sore spot in Kasturi’s life is her dominating, arranged marriage obsessed mother now hell-bent on getting her married at the earliest. Does Kasturi find love in one of the rather weird but IIT/IIM boys that Mum manages to ‘shortlist’? Or perhaps she can follow her wildly beating heart that seems to be set on the Greek God incarnate that her boss, Rajeev sir, is? With office buddies Ananya and Varun by her side, the hilariously fumbling Kasturi embarks on a rip-roaring journey to find Mr Right.

The (In)eligible Bachelors, which chronicles Kasturi’s daily diary through this time, is a riotous adventure of adrenaline, laughter and guffaws.It is also an invaluable lesson in love, family and friendship.

A witty take on the system of arranged marriages, the marriage market that rules the Indian society.
A witty and humorous easy-to-read writing style makes for a good read.
The creative chapter headings arouse the what-next quality.

About the Author :
Ruchita Misra is an MBA graduate and triple gold medallist from the Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, Delhi. She reads anything and everything she can lay her hands on and is an unembarrassed fan of all things Bollywood. She currently works in London where she lives with her husband. Ruchita can be reached at feedback@ruchita.misra.com.

Author's Website :
http://www.ruchitamisra.com

Facebook page :
http://www.facebook.com/theinEligiblebachelors

Give Away Question :
1. Arrange or Love Marriage ? Why ?

2. What makes you want to read more about this book ?

[not more than 120 words]

Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes avi's post:
kkrulesdnation
09-08-2011, 12:52 PM
RE: The InEligible Bachelors - 27th August
Give Away Question :

love marriage, because I would like to have the love come before I get buried under duties and responsibilities of a wedlock.

2. What makes you to read more about this book ?

I guess this book would be full of wit and humour. And I really need to read something entertaining right now.
And I think the characters would be such that i can relate with. That's what makes me want to read this book.

Author of general fiction novel Dream's Sake
http://www.jyotiarora.com/

Dream's Sake on Reader's Enclave: http://readersenclave.com/Thread-Dream-s...53#pid6053
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-08-2011, 11:00 PM

An arranged love marriage. Wouldn't that be just perfect. Why not have the best of both worlds.

2. What makes you want to read more about this book ?

The book summary says it all. I believe it would be a slightly satirical take on the concept called "arranged marriage". And who can say know to a little humour.
09-08-2011, 11:14 PM

Love marriage. That is the only thing you should marry for..!

2.What makes you want to read more about this book ?

The synopsis, the cover, the title!
09-08-2011, 11:24 PM
(09-08-2011 11:14 PM)DivaKmisra Wrote:  1. Arrange or Love Marriage ? Why ?

Haven't you already read it? Biggrin
09-08-2011, 11:38 PM
(09-08-2011 11:24 PM)sukritmunjal Wrote:  
(09-08-2011 11:14 PM)DivaKmisra Wrote:  1. Arrange or Love Marriage ? Why ?

Haven't you already read it? Biggrin

naaaah! nt yet!I too have to wait for the official release Wink
09-08-2011, 11:43 PM
Yup Wink

The book will be released on 25th August Big Grin

10-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Arrange Marriage or Love? Why?
Both! Once each! Tongue
Seriously? Love. For the simple reason that I want to know beforehand what kinda trouble I am falling in! Wink

What makes you want to read more about this book?
The 'About the Book' says it is witty and humorous. This alone makes me want to read it. The book seems to be very promising. Also, the name of the book is interesting. Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes Anuranjani Verma's post:
Jay
12-08-2011, 08:33 PM
1. It gives me shivers thinking how in the modern day two souls who never knew about each other is going to spend their entire lives together, just because they would blindly follow their parents happiness or never had the dare to talk to the opposite sex, without thinking that they would have to spend the major part of the life with their spouse rather than the parents. To me marriage is an union of two minds who know each other, understand each other and can withstand the travels of time with both who from the look in their eyes can read each others mind. So its always going to be love marriage for me and if that can be arranged, I think that would be a perfect situation for anyone.

2. Arranged marriages are always an hilarious affair and intriguing, so a book on this topic is a definite read for me and also can have a whale of a time reading the drama surrounding it. As also the excerpt looks really interesting to me.

Never judge a book by its movie.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _