Please Login

Remember me

Not a member? Register here | Lost Password?

Login / Register

Welcome to Readers Enclave !

It seems that this is your first time in our forum. RE is a home for Book Lovers, Bibliophiles and people who are into Literal activities. Most of the features of RE are available only to our beloved registered members.
We are encouraging you to join us and be one of our beloved member by registering a new account.
Registration is free and come in handy, you just need to provide a valid e-mail address so that you can verify your account.
As a Readers Enclave member you'll have the special privileges
Participate in discussions related to Novels and Writing
Chance to win free books and have them delivered to your door step for completely FREE !
Have your writings stories / poems reach masses
Participate in Writers contest and win prizes
Buy / Sell your old books
Have your own Bookshelf, add, delete and manage books
Post in threads, reply to threads, vote on polls, and create new threads | topics.
Meet new book lovers same as your taste
And yeah, have lots of fun
All that and more, so what are you waiting for, Join us now!

Use your Facebook account to register | login here in Readers Enclave

If you are having any trouble with registration, write us at readersenclave[at]gmail[dot].com, we will be happy to help Biggrin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
the convent of genesis by andy mcdermott
09-12-2011, 06:37 PM
the convent of genesis by andy mcdermott
This was random book i picked up in airport bookstore for passing away the forced waiting time due to departure delay.

the author wasnt much heard of as the other in the lot but his lara croft idealine didnt seem monotonous like other newbies.

Boy did he do his research or what, history , religon, archeology and most importantly his depth in way of presenting his ideas.

most people way nuts on da vinci code but the author here takes us a way back nothing i could imagine but presented as if true.

he stalls for a bit, depicting the fights eddie his main character does and all, in the begining it kinda cool especially when he drops military additives and reason. sometimes his research feels that as if he googled it but then in military subject he is good.

coming to point , he puts forth this concept that there were people before us , different species, advanced in many ways not that much though(didnt have sats and all) but he says then we were just animals which is true, they had human fights and when they found we werent too dumb they taught us there knowlegde but they didnt know a golden rule dont trust humans.
we were kind physically stronger given we were just animals then and they were civilized people .
we spread like disease and soon they fled , on good thing for them was they didnt teach us everything, they knew about sound recording and harnessing earth's magnetic field of which author makes vivid examples.
then he attckes 3 main religon which sing a different story on the concept of god. jews , islam and chirstianity; they form an elite league some what like rip off version of from da vinci code, whose only aim is to destory any evidence of these species and them training and domesticating us as it contradicts adam and even and so on.
so main charcacter an archeologist tries to bring out the truth , fights them to find garden of eden,

Boy this book was good investment for it took me far away from the hideous excuse of a lounge.

enjoy reading . sorry i kinda spilled the beans but missed lot of details which will keep u hooked.

sangav
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2011, 02:43 PM
RE: the convent of genesis by andy mcdermott
You should read the entire series. It is Amazing! Big Grin Biggrin I'm glad that someone else besides me through that this book was good! Smile

"If you want to force your opinion onto other People, You most likely have to harvest the wind of the storm you Seeded! So, Live and Let Live!" - Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-12-2011, 11:44 AM
been there done that ;
never meant to hurt anyones feeling ; but i wont go back on my opinion.

i meant it and never intendend to force it on anyone , there is always 2 sides to coin bud

PS: did u read the last release "the vault of shiva"??
19-12-2011, 11:44 AM
been there done that ;
never meant to hurt anyones feeling ; but i wont go back on my opinion.

i meant it and never intendend to force it on anyone , there is always 2 sides to coin bud

PS: did u read the last release "the vault of shiva"??
26-12-2011, 04:57 PM
I read it all too Smile Covenant of Genesis is one of the best book by Andy Mcdermott .The best thing I liked is the climax (not going to spoil)

My Blog-My Life,My Crap
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dark69Slayer's post:
AccuviZion

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)